Saturday, December 18, 2010

Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it?

The writing that I sent out for publication during the spring semester, including the proposal for CCCC, was all rejected. I have spent no time weeping about it, but I would like to get something accepted by a professional journal. My March Madness poetry piece should go somewhere, even if The English Journal (or was it Voices from the Middle?) didn't want it. Now that I know that my new friend Maja Wilson has written a book about her school's rejection of the Dufour's data driven PLC setup, I know that the word is out there, but I'd like people to hear about a school like mine where pleas of reason were not heard. My call for university and public school writing teachers to unite in opposition to the federal policies was rejected by CCCC for next March, although I am going to that conference to act as a facilitator for a session on Thursday afternoon.

My classmates and I are interested in proposing for the conference in Rochester, and I think we have until January 15 to put together a presentation idea, so I want to stay in touch with them about that through this holiday season.

I would like to use the material I am working with about the importance of group talk in examining texts into an article for some journal. The deconstruction of my classroom in terms of curriculum would fit somewhere, if I can only find the right journal.

Last, but not least, I would like to take the many haikus I've accumulated in my Google document ("haikus for facebook fans") and do something with them.

Yes, I need to get that fever to publish that I felt last spring when I took Karen's excellent publication course as an elective.

No comments: